Current open positions
Ongoing open positions
For details, please scroll down...
1. Chess Coaches
2. Strategy Game Coaches
3. Internship Opportunities
4. For High School Students: Volunteer service hours
High Quality Coaches Wanted! Interested?
We are looking for good coaches and assistants who love working with children. If you believe that you are the right person, please fill out the application below and submit.
Locations & Hours:
Our classes are generally located in the Fremont - South Bay - Cupertino/Palo Alto - Northern Peninsula area. We always try our best to match the coach with the closest classes possible, to limit commute time.
The vast majority of classes run typically in the afternoon between 1-5pm, with opportunities starting as early as 10am and as late as 6pm.
Compensation is based on past experience, level of qualification and availability. Starting salary is at $50/class, with a typical compensation of $60-65, and can go up to $85-90/class.
Any expense and extra compensation regarding specific schools can be discussed and possibly reimbursed or incorporated into the compensation.
- Love teaching children and interest in learning chess!
- Commitment: punctuality, responsibility, quality of work, and onsite availability.
- Interest in learning about chess to teach children.
- Acceptable background check.
- Own transportation.
Apply for a Job at BayAreaChess
By emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org the following information:
- Name & Contact information
- Availability during weekdays
- Chess Knowledge (Deep - Basic - None)
- Strategy Game Knowledge (Deep - Basic - None)
- Any past experience with children
- Statement of interest
Or fill out the form HERE.
BAC Internship Opportunities - High School Volunteer Service Hours
Bay Area Chess is offering internship opportunities to students to assist us in our coaching and operations. This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable work experience, help coach kids in chess and to learn more about the operation of BAC’s enrichment programs and tournaments. The ideal candidates will be in high school or college and have the following qualifications:
- Be passionate about chess and have a strong desire to help coach kids.
- Be an experienced tournament player with a solid knowledge of chess.
- Be a hard working motivated student with a willingness to learn.
- Be available to work weekends.
Please send your resume or statement of interest to email@example.com for consideration.
BayAreaChess is a certified nonprofit organization, and can issue Volunteer Service Hour certificates for high school students.